Fancy a Milky Tomato cleansing lotion on your face? You should try it if you have oily and combination skin and the ingredients are easily available. My entire face is covered with it as I am writing this blog post.
Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamins A, B and C, potassium and magnesium and the antioxidant lycopene which gives the tomatoes the colour. It is high in fruit acid (AHA) which offers gentle exfoliation on your skin. Almond, oat or rice milk contains fatty acids and also contain skin softening properties.
• 1 medium very ripe tomato or a handful of cherry tomatoes
• 1-3 tablespoons of fresh Almond, oats or rice milk
• Green Tea infusion to be used as toner (green tea infusion is great for oily and combination skin because of the tannins in the tea has astringent and pore tightening properties)
1. Blend the tomatoes in a food processor or blender. Strain the pulp and retain the juice.
2. Add equal amount of milk to the juice and blend well.
3. Apply the cleansing lotion with a cotton pad to your face and neck and leave on for 10 mins.
4. You may use it once or twice a day.
5. Remove the cleansing lotion with the green tea infusion and pat dry.
6. Moisturise as usual.
Store the remaining cleansing lotion in a clean and dry covered container. Use it up within a day. This recipe is not suitable for sensitive skin due to the acidic nature of the ingredients.
I hope you will enjoy using this Milky Tomato cleansing lotion.
• B-carotene and other carotenoids in protection from sunlight: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23053552
• Epidermal and dermal effects of topical lactic acid: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8784274
• Herbal treatment for Dermatologic Disorders: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92761/
For educational purposes only. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.