I love fridays! It means the end of a crazy week and the start of a wonderful weekend! Today I am going to share with everyone my favourite homemade natural hand sanitiser. It has none of those drying alcohol or hormone-disrupting toxic synthetic chemicals found in many conventional hand sanitisers. This hand sanitiser will come in handy when washing with water and soap is not available. It has only three ingredients: water, aloe vera gel and essential oils. Yes only three ingredients and you can keep germs at bay, naturally. The 50ml bottle is a good size to keep it in your bag.
Things you need:
• 1 spray bottle (about 50ml and you can get it at those Japanese dollar shops)
• Pure aloe vera gel
• At least 40% proof Vodka (alcohol is still the most effective disinfectant)
• Lavender essential oil
• Tea Tree essential oil
• Lemon essential oil
1. Add 30g of pure aloe vera gel.
2. Add 10 drops of Lavender and Tea Tree essential oil each and 5 drops of Lemon essential oil.
3. Fill the bottle with vodka.
4. Tighten the spray dispenser to the bottle and give the bottle a thorough shake.
5. Done! You can start using your homemade natural hand sanitiser! Shelf life is no more than 6 months.
Have a great weekend!
Note: Lavender and Tea Tree essential oils have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Thus making it perfect for use as a natural germ disinfectant. Lemon essential oil has great cleansing properties.